Electrical wiring

tbeall

Cadet
Is there such a thing as a generic pontoon boat electrical wiring diagram that would include a Perko two battery switch for an outboard? I have a Starcraft 18' Starfish, AND the owners manual, but only a generic discussion of the wiring. I have installed the Perko, but haven't wired it, and I plan to install a 12 circuit Blue Seas ST Blade Fuse Block inside the console and re-route everything for instrumentation through there. That will include an iPilot, a Minn Kota anchor winch, as well as a Lowrance Elite 4. I have a fair understanding of electrical systems, but want to be sure I do this correctly. Yes, I am using marine grade tinned wire.

Tom

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Electrical wiring

The battery system doesn't care if it's on a pontoon boat or a race boat, it does the same thing.

Here is one I drew up for another poster. Your wire sizes may change, but that would be about all. For the battery switch wiring to the motor and the house panel.

battsw.jpg

None of the generic wiring diagrams are going to show you exactly what accessories you will have. Your anchor winch will not come off the house power. It will take larger wires run from the battery switch going to the winch. Size depends on the winch size and amperage.