• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

Hello, I have a 92 Sun Tracker 32ft party hut that has an electrial problem in the breaker box. I removed the cover and found that several wires have come loose. Tracker Marine sent me schematics for everything except for this box. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this box. For example the coiled pigtail for the ground fault breaker goes to the polarity switch - does this make sense? This box is under the sink and has: Shore/off/ Generator switch, polarity switch with a light, ground fault breaker and individual breakers with outlets for appliance plugs. Thanks, Terry

Re: wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

Post a picture of the box and the wiring (A nice clear picture big enough to see) someone may be able to see the problem.
    Don S.

sigpic

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryVFX View Post
      Hello, I have a 92 Sun Tracker 32ft party hut that has an electrial problem in the breaker box. I removed the cover and found that several wires have come loose. Tracker Marine sent me schematics for everything except for this box. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this box. For example the coiled pigtail for the ground fault breaker goes to the polarity switch - does this make sense? This box is under the sink and has: Shore/off/ Generator switch, polarity switch with a light, ground fault breaker and individual breakers with outlets for appliance plugs. Thanks, Terry
      There are rules about netrual connetions between shore power and generator power (single point of neutral and ground connection) so the ground fault breaker neutral going to a switch might not be as odd as you think. Diagrams and pictures will help as well as explaining what the problem you are having is. Not being rude or condescending shore/generator power should not be played with unless you have a good understanding of the system and the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Don S View Post
        Post a picture of the box and the wiring (A nice clear picture big enough to see) someone may be able to see the problem.
        Thanks for the suggestion, I will post a picture when I get home... gone for a few days. Terry

Comment

Originally posted by glenn property of pam View Post
          There are rules about netrual connetions between shore power and generator power (single point of neutral and ground connection) so the ground fault breaker neutral going to a switch might not be as odd as you think. Diagrams and pictures will help as well as explaining what the problem you are having is. Not being rude or condescending shore/generator power should not be played with unless you have a good understanding of the system and the rules.
          I will diagram what I have when I get back to the boat and I will take pictures. When the neutral confused a local electrician I decided to seek help on this forum. These Sun Tracker Party huts were made for many years so I was hoping that someone had a wiring diagram, or schematic of the switch box but this is proving to be difficult. Many of these boats manufactured in the 90's look very similar so I assumed they had the same switch box.

I will try to educate myself on the basics of shore power/ generator wiring re ground and neutral from a safety standpoint. Aluminum boat, water, electricity... I appreciate your caution. I will not modify anything without qualified help. Thank you

Comment

Here is one good link for your education folder.

http://www.uscgboating.org/assets/pd...ELECTRICAL.pdf
            Don S.

sigpic

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
            That is what the forums are for.
            Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Originally posted by Don S View Post
              Here is one good link for your education folder.

http://www.uscgboating.org/assets/pd...ELECTRICAL.pdf
              Thanks, downloaded and reading.....

Comment

Working...
              X