What switch panel to use?

Fury2

Cadet
I am rewiring a 16 foot Lund Fury and don't know much about wiring. Any recomendations as to what switch panels are best for my application? I want to use a 6 gang panel with led back lighting. The wiring info on this site has been very helpful. Also I've been told that boat fires may occure if not done right. The boats wiring is sort of in tact I need to find out what goes where as alot of the wiring wasn't labled. I will try to send pictures.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What switch panel to use?

Best thing to do is find a panel YOU like, then ask about it's quality, instead of us trying to guess what shape, size, style, and then manufacturer of panel to suggest. There are hundreds of different kinds.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: What switch panel to use?

Switch panels are available in a multitude of types, styles and capabilities. Unless you have some idea other than six switches and back lighted, we can't help you much. Critical here is whether or not you currently have a fuse panel and want to keep it, or if you want a switch panel with built-in circuit breakers. You can also have a standard switch panel without breakers and you could also update the fuse panel to get away from the glass fuses in favor of the more modern auto-style fuses. Figure out what you want to do and let us know. By the way, a back lighted panel is different than lighted switches. Switches can also be toggle or rocker types. See where this is going??????