Trying to find an old Navionics "Classic" chart card for Puget Sound? US842L

oldgmfart

Cadet
Trying to find an old Navionics "Classic" chart card for Puget Sound? US842L

I revived an old icom GP-360 gps /chartplotter, and even got the guys at icom factory service to upgrade the firmware even though it's been long out of warranty....it took some talking and arm twisting but we got 'er done.

My problem now is trying to locate a NAVIONICS CLASSIC Series NAVCHART NC/US842L for Puget Sound area for this old doll. Only Navionics Classic cards fit this unit so I'm told.

I have been over the web for a month now and no luck. No longer in production of course. Any ideas where to look?
Does iboats have a "wanted" section? I've Posted all over Craigslist but no replies yet.

Any leads will be MOST appreciated.
Please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks all,
Ted
(Oldgmfart)

Attachments

• us842l.gif.jpg
    us842l.gif.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Pmnav12

Recruit
Re: Trying to find an old Navionics "Classic" chart card for Puget Sound? US842L

Re: Trying to find an old Navionics "Classic" chart card for Puget Sound? US842L

Ted,
The classic charts are still available. You just have to see a marine electronics dealer and ask for them to special order it for you. They are still available for now but when they are gone, they are gone. The media card that te data is written on has been discontinued so grab em now

oldgmfart

Cadet

Well this is the dilemma I'm having..... Exactly, which marine electronics dealer are you referring too?
Where they are special ordered from seems to be the hurdle I can't get seem to through or get any help with Pmnav12.

I've tried every marine electronics dealer I can think of on the West Coast, Including Cliff at West Marine Cartography in Watsonville, CA (Their main office) who said those charts for NW and Puget Sound area are NLA due to licensing conflicts with Canada
Maybe, and hopefully I'm being given limited information and they actually DO exist in retail somewhere....but again, Just where they're at is the $64,000 question my friend!

Any specific help here with a name and a number is certainly appreciated folks,... regards again,
Ted

oldgmfart

Cadet

Oh, so close foodfisher but no cigar. I emailed Bargain Boat Parts to verify stock and they apologized that it in fact is no longer available through them....discontinued.

I'll keep searching and looking for some leads however,
and thank you for your help Sir.