Dash Mount Volt Meter

KJINTF

Seaman Apprentice
After a lot of searching for a nice, small, LCD, low current consumption, simple, powered from the source, water resistant, volt meter I found this one that fits the bill.

Hoping a few of you good folks have used this little LCD voltmeter and can tell me if it's any good or not.

My plan is to use it in the fishing boat with a center off SPDT toggle switch supplying the "+" side of the two battery banks to the meter.

11-17-2012 8-52-24 AM.jpg

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Dash Mount Volt Meter

There is no internal battery (nor is there a need for one) so this device is not "self powered". It is a voltmeter so it is powered by the voltage provided by the source it is measuring. They work fine. I have one in my construction trailer. Be aware that they are ot moisture proof.

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer

What's the price & where are they sold?

LK

KJINTF

Seaman Apprentice

Seen prices range from $25.00 wholesale to $80.00 retail
Stay away from speciality places as in RV / Marine / Solar / 12 volt shops - they will rip you off
Check out
Digi Key
Allied Electronics
iSource Electronics
Mouser Electronics

As a retail buyer you should be able to get it for less than $30.00

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I bought a bunch of them on E-bay for just a few bucks each. They come from China so delivery takes awhile but well worth the wait. There are many style, voltage ranges, display colors, number of digits and sizes.

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral

I don't use my cigar lighter for anything, so I just bought one of these off ebay. $6 shipping included.
3.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Digital-LED-...Car-Truck-Van-12V-24-Volt-Meter-/390444921533

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

The nice thing about the LCD meter is that it only draws 3 mA.

lcd can be a pain in direct sun light as you will not be able to read it and the heat can blank the display till it cools down. i like them especially the made in china disposable ones at a few bucks each just watch where you mount it.

KJINTF

Seaman Apprentice

Got it installed - looks great only problem was the silver color (looking for black) easily fixed with black ink / paint
Some silicon around the edges and all is good
The 200 amp continous duty solinoid between the two isolated battery banks and the voltmeter work great
Next step - Will be a portable 100watt solar panel that can be stored in the RV and deployed in the boat when needed
Already have 540 watts of panels in the RV no need for more there