No bow,anchor or dash lights

donni

Recruit
Have a 1995 1704-SF bayliner capri. while fishing lost my dash,Bow & achor lights. All guages,motor tilt work and read fine. Bus fuses all appear good. Found two inline fuses by battery and replaced with new fuses & holders even though I believe one is for bilge & other for personnely installed fish finder long ago. Replaced inline fuse holder under dash, though it appears it is for my in hull depth finder. AM/FM radio working sporadicaly but dont no if this issue is related to my others. Any know if all the mentioned lighting are on one fuse and where this fuse is located and if not fuse related any ideas what my issue is and how to resolve ? I am no mechanic or electrician by any means but can do basic both. Thanks for any help that can be provided and hopefully done so while I still have hair to pull out. Thanks again
up date:
Okay, believe I have a short or ground issue some where. Put charger on battery & walked away. next day go out to boat and find bilge pump running with switch in off position and had to remove cable from battery to do this. when I tried my bilge switch, I got another noise from bilge in on position than the off position. Had power to anchor light poles, but anchor light would not light up. Issue began all at once. am/fm radio still not working, any ideas from the pro's as to what is happening and what I can do to resolve issue. Thanks again

Last edited:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: ex-army vet.

Re: ex-army vet.

Welcome to iboats, it's best to use the title to describe your problem, not your military status. Then people could get a sense as to your problem. Something like. "No power to dash".
Since it appears you have lost all power to the helm accessories, this thread might help you http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=583456

Also look around the battery. Bayliner used to use an inline fuse on an orange wire for power to the helm accessories.