Humminbird wide eye transducer wiring

rtnmi

Cadet
Ok I had a wide eye and burnt up the circuit board somehow, so I went to eBay and purchased another one.

Looking at the wide eye manual -
Three cables came with the new head: 1 for temp/speed, 1 for power, 1 for transducer.

Never had the temp/ speed hooked up before so l am looking for that speed/temp transducer on eBay.
No transducers came with the new unit.

The wiring from the old transom mount transducer has four pins at the end of the connector (none are broken off)
- the new cable has 5 pins at the connector. Both connectors will fit the head but the transducer on the new cable was cut off and the wires stripped back before it was sold.

I am trying to use the old transom mount transducer with the new head. But am not getting any reading that makes sense on the screen, just a bunch of dots scrolling across the screen.

Also the auto depth function does not work properly. Not sure what the old transducer is and can't find a number on it anywhere. Not sure if there is a difference in the old and new head and not sure why there is a difference in pinout between the two transducer wires. I looked at the transducer but there is no identifying numbers on it.

How do I know if the head or the transducer is bad??

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Humminbird wide eye transducer wiring

Right off hand it sounds like the new unit is not a wide eye I happen to still have one in use the cables come with a molded end that fits in a slot for each type so you cant put them in wrong, it sounds like your trying to mix and match, pictures would sure help.

64osby

Admiral
Re: Humminbird wide eye transducer wiring

The transducer for the wide eye that I have has a three pin plug. Three in a row, straight down the middle.