Mercruiser audio warning alarm ?

tahoejag

Petty Officer 1st Class
The present buzzer that warns for hi temp, low oil pres and low gear lube is VERY loud. Don't know the db rating of the current one. I have seen buzzers at radio shack (different types, rating, etc.). Being a electronic item...cannot test before you buy... :( Has anyone changed theirs out? I am wanting to change it out to a more "family friendly" buzzer or CHIME (as the other half STRONGLY suggests...lol).

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mercruiser audio warning alarm ?

Wrap some tape around it, maybe add a piece of cloth over it to quiet it down a little.

Can't you find a more disgusting photo for your signature picture? :rolleyes: :facepalm:

tahoejag

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wrap some tape around it, maybe add a piece of cloth over it to quiet it down a little.

Thanks Don...yeah, I'm always hearing..."That thing is annoying!"...sometimes I want to say..."At times, like you?" lol. It is annoying though....with tubing and fishing...frequently starting the motor. May be look into a car chime buzzer or somethin.

Can't you find a more disgusting photo for your signature picture? :rolleyes: :facepalm:

I kinda like my avatar pic myself....GO TIGERS!

emilsr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You want to be able to hear the buzzer when you're underway. That necessitates it being loud and obnoxious when you turn the key on.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I kinda like my avatar pic myself....GO TIGERS!

I was referring to the fat slob in the little red boat that was there, your new Tigers picture is fine. Thanks for changing it.