Humminbird 200DX

Greym

Cadet
I have a Humminbird 200DX that came with the boat and I do have the manual for it.

Problem is when I go through the menu even with the transducer connected in the simulator mode it will not keep the information when I power off and then power back on it defaults to original settings.

I must be missing something does anyone know how to solve this.

Thank you
Graham.

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Humminbird 200DX

Don't adjust the settings in "simulation mode". You can also send an email directly to humminbird.

Greym

Cadet

Don't adjust the settings in "simulation mode". You can also send an email directly to humminbird.

I have tried it not in simulation mode and it still does not remember the settings. The way I read the manual it means to do it in simulator mode. I will try and send an email to humminbird - thanks for your prompt reply.

Thanks
Graham

NYBo

Admiral

Are you maintaining power to the unit when it's off?

Greym

Cadet

Are you maintaining power to the unit when it's off?

Sorry for the delay in my reply - Yes I am just pressing power off on the unit.

I have emailed Humminbird but no reply yet - I read in the manual yesterday that in Diagnostics there is a reset I will try that next time I go to the boat.

Thanks
Graham

Greym

Cadet

Sorry for the delay in my reply - Yes I am just pressing power off on the unit.

I have emailed Humminbird but no reply yet - I read in the manual yesterday that in Diagnostics there is a reset I will try that next time I go to the boat.

Thanks
Graham

I have still not solved this proiblem but I am thinking that in order for the unit to save the information it has to have a battery back uo. Does anyone know where that is on this unit.

Thanks
Graham

Greym

Cadet
Humminbird 200DX

Does anyone know if this unit has a battery for the storing of the settings - If so where is it.

Thank You
Graham

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Might be a data card instead of a battery. My 787 does. Is there a card in it or do you have to install one? All the info SHOULD be in the manual. What info are you trying to store?

From the owner's manual;

If you are using the 200DX in Simulator when no transducer is connected, any selected
options are lost when the unit is powered off. The 200DX will return to Factory Settings,
or options selected when last used with a transducer, if no transducer is connected.
IMPORTANT: A transducer must be connected to the 200DX in order to retain user
settings selected when in simulator mode. If no transducer is detected the unit defaults
to pre-selected options when powered off.

You may have an issue with the transducer or cable. Run the diagnostic and see if the unit can detect it is there.

Greym

Cadet

Might be a data card instead of a battery. My 787 does. Is there a card in it or do you have to install one? All the info SHOULD be in the manual. What info are you trying to store?

From the owner's manual;

If you are using the 200DX in Simulator when no transducer is connected, any selected
options are lost when the unit is powered off. The 200DX will return to Factory Settings,
or options selected when last used with a transducer, if no transducer is connected.
IMPORTANT: A transducer must be connected to the 200DX in order to retain user
settings selected when in simulator mode. If no transducer is detected the unit defaults
to pre-selected options when powered off.

You may have an issue with the transducer or cable. Run the diagnostic and see if the unit can detect it is there.

I thank you for your reply i have the transducer connected and it confirms that and I have run the diagnostics and everything is OK i have even done a reset but still no joy.

I am trying to save my settings ie depth range sensitivty etc while i am out using it everything is working perfect but when i swith off the next time on it defaults to factory settings.

No it does not have a Data card or uses one - You know the strange thing is I cant find a battery in it either so how could it save data.

I think it is time to upgrade any suggestions.

Thank You
Graham.

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class

The first screen provides four options: Start-up, Options, Simulator, and Diagnostic. A
message at the bottom of the screen indicates the transducer connection. If no
transducer is detected (or one is not connected), the message will indicate this and the
unit will go into simulator after the initial screen times out.

Note: the transducer must be submerged in water for reliable transducer
detection.

If a transducer is detected, the unit will enter “Start Up” or normal operation unless you
choose another option. If you do not press any button before the timer reaches “0”, the
normal operation screen is displayed. If the boat is in water, sonar data appears.

It is possible at this point if you have done everything correctly that you have a bad unit or a bad transducer. I purchased and installed a 405SX way back in 2002 and had similar issues with a bad 'ducer out of the box. H'bird sent me a whole new system. I didn't want to go to that before checking everything else first with yours. Your unit can be sent to h'bird for repair also. Can you check your unit on another boat? Do you know anyone with this set up? Wait for the reply from h'bird and see what they can do for you. I think I still have my faulty 405 unit now that I think about it...

I used my 405SX for 5 years before upgrading to the 787c2i and I couldn't be happier. Now I want to upgrade again.... maybe it's time for you to upgrade? As far as suggestions if you stick with h'bird your mounting will be identical.