1995 ZX150 Bildge Pump and livewell pump problem

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, I just got this 1995 ZX150 a few weeks ago....The bildge pump and Right live well pump is not working....I checked all fuses under the dash and 2 were blowen so I replaced them still they are not working... The areatitor works fine in both livewells and livewell pump on the left side works fine also...

My question is where are the livewell pumps and bilge pump located on this boat and could there be anymore fuses I need to check for?

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1995 ZX150 Bildge Pump and livewell pump problem

LOL I am a dummy! Both livewells work perfect! The switch by driver seat runs the left livewell and switch on bow run the right livewell....But I still am having a problem with the Bilge pump...it's not working and I have no clue where it is located...

biege pump is going to be at lowest point in the back somewhere near the plug. you proberly have 3 pumps in the same area. 2 will be the live wells the other will be the biege. it might be hidden under the gas tank. if you can fell the pump then you can push in the 2 clips on the side near the bottom and unclip it then pull it to where you can see it. the other way to find it is the biege pump out nozzle will be normally on the right side rear high up follow the pipe back to the pump

NYBo

Admiral

It will be in the bilge somewhere. Without knowing exactly how your boat is set up, that's the best I can do.:redface:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Livewell pumps normally have their intakes as through hull fittings that pass through the stern below the water line. Livewell pumps are not lift pumps so they cannot suck water uphill. The intakes must be below the water line or they simply will not prime. Therefore, look at the back of the boat from the outside. You should see the normal drain, and a couple more holes. Some will be INTAKES for the pumps and there may be one or more drains for the livewells.

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok thanks guys ill check it out later today and see what I come up with

D_Dose

Recruit

I?d replace the fuse panel first. It was the problem with my ?95 ZX-150, found out after replacing the pumps and the new once did not work. If you are going into this project and replacing the pumps, I?d replace the down imaging transducer, both live well fill pumps, and the bilge pump. I replaced live well pumps 2-years ago and now I have to go back and replace the down image transducer.

The two life well fill pumps are behind the gas tank and can be seen through the cat hole at the stern deck. To replace you have to drain the tank, remove the batteries, and slide the tank forward. They do not make these pumps any longer so the gas tank will not slide all the way back. Put there is still room for two chargers and three batter boxes in front of the tank.

The live well recalculating pumps are on the sides (outside sides) of the live wells. They are covered with sprayed polyurethane foam. To replace them you have to remove the top of the boat or lift it up 12 inches or so. If you look down under the fuse box or take a picture you will see the starboard pump. If you remove the glove box you will see the leeward pump. If you can?t reach it this way or reaching around the batteries, you might be able to cut a hole in the seatback fiberglass and install a 6? cat hole. Don?t know-does not seem worth it.

The bilge pump is under the center battery in the bilge (lower hull). Not easy to get to either. You might be able to reach it down through a 10 inch square hole in the deck that the batteries sits on. There is an access panel in front of the center battery to access this 10? sq hole to the bilge.

Hi, I just got this 1995 ZX150 a few weeks ago....The bildge pump and Right live well pump is not working....I checked all fuses under the dash and 2 were blowen so I replaced them still they are not working... The areatitor works fine in both livewells and livewell pump on the left side works fine also...

My question is where are the livewell pumps and bilge pump located on this boat and could there be anymore fuses I need to check for?

D_Dose

Recruit

P1010010.jpg
Attached is a picture of the live well reciculating pump on the side of the live will. I but you can remove the battery, unscrew the pump from inside the live well, and pull the pump around and change it.

D_Dose

Recruit

P8220002.jpg

Attached is a picture down the cat hole at the stern. Need to remove the chargers, remove the batteries, drain the tank, slide tank forward, and stand on you head to change.

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dang...I dont know why they make it SOOO hard to change these things out when they know these componets are so important when fishing/boating..Thanks SO MUCH for all the help you all have given...One question...What Bilge pump should I replace the stock one with? also what new live well pump should I replace the stock with?

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I finally ran almost all the gas out of my boat now I am about ready to take my batteries and gas tank out so I can replace the bilge pump...Can you please help me out and tell me which bilge I would need to get to replace the factory one? Also does anyone happen to know the part number or brand/model number of the stock bilge pump that comes in my boat so i can surf the internet and see if i can find the orginal one...thanks alot...

Is there 2 bilge pumps or 1?

I beleive I found the orginal bilge pumps that came with my boat on ebay check them out and tell me what ya think...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Johnson-Car..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item3a79214110&vxp=mtr

sccatfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Any bilge pump will work, and there are probably better pumps on the market than what your boat came with. It also would not hurt to go bigger with the pump (as long as your wiring will handle it, and the outlet is the same size). Having said that though, while I can't go to your link it says that it is a 1000 GPH Johnson Cartridge pump, which is a very good pump. If you get the Johnson Ultima switch to go with it then you will have an automatic switch that you won't have to worry about getting stuck. Make sure though that your wiring will handle that size pump and that your hose will fit, or you will be creating more work for yourself.

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Any bilge pump will work, and there are probably better pumps on the market than what your boat came with. It also would not hurt to go bigger with the pump (as long as your wiring will handle it, and the outlet is the same size). Having said that though, while I can't go to your link it says that it is a 1000 GPH Johnson Cartridge pump, which is a very good pump. If you get the Johnson Ultima switch to go with it then you will have an automatic switch that you won't have to worry about getting stuck. Make sure though that your wiring will handle that size pump and that your hose will fit, or you will be creating more work for yourself.

What size is the stock bilge pump? as in GPH..The factory bilge pump is not automatic?

sccatfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What size is the stock bilge pump? as in GPH..The factory bilge pump is not automatic?

Don't know you'll have to get to it to see. The GPH should be printed on it. If it is a Johnson pump with the removable cartridge, don't unscrew it, can just get a new motor cartridge for it, and get one of those mechanic's inspection mirrors if you need to so you can read what's on it.

You may have an automatic switch already, you'll just have to look for it. I'm just saying if you get the ultima switch and you won't have to worry about a float switch getting stuck. Either way you need to have an automatic switch, whether it be a float switch or an ultima switch.

Just because that boat came with one particular pump doesn't mean that's what's still in it, or that's what you need to go back with. You need to see what you have, and in order to not create more work for yourself go back with something that has the same size outlet and that your wiring will handle, preferably the most GPH that will work.

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Don't know you'll have to get to it to see. The GPH should be printed on it. If it is a Johnson pump with the removable cartridge, don't unscrew it, can just get a new motor cartridge for it, and get one of those mechanic's inspection mirrors if you need to so you can read what's on it.

You may have an automatic switch already, you'll just have to look for it. I'm just saying if you get the ultima switch and you won't have to worry about a float switch getting stuck. Either way you need to have an automatic switch, whether it be a float switch or an ultima switch.

Just because that boat came with one particular pump doesn't mean that's what's still in it, or that's what you need to go back with. You need to see what you have, and in order to not create more work for yourself go back with something that has the same size outlet and that your wiring will handle, preferably the most GPH that will work.

Cool thanks man for the input!