depthfinder recommendation for for jet drive?- Searayder F14

rksnow1

Recruit
I have been reading through a lot of posts about depth finders/sounders and transducer types. Seems that each has its advantage, but one thing i didnt find is if anyone type works better with a jet drive. I recently purchased a 96 SeaRayder F14 with Merc Sportjet 120 and would like to find a reasonably priced depthfinder. Having a fishfinder is great too but not nessasary.

Is there one type transducer that works best with a Jetdrive? Im not sure if the thrust would make any difference with the transom style mount. I was also wondering it the glue in style no drill transducers (sorry, forgot the term) can be mounted forward more in the boat. The river by me is on the shallow side (just a foot or so at the boat ramp) and I like to know how much water I have before I start the engine or give it too much throttle before getting to deeper water.

What make or model shows the shallowest depth? I see most say 4', any depthdfinders go shallower? I can always see the bottom but its sometimes hard to tell if its 1, 2, or, 3' deep and with the jet drive that makes a big difference when first firing it up.

What are you running on your jetboat if you have one?

Thank again everyone!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: depthfinder recommendation for for jet drive?- Searayder F14

I have been reading through a lot of posts about depth finders/sounders and transducer types. Seems that each has its advantage, but one thing i didnt find is if anyone type works better with a jet drive. I recently purchased a 96 SeaRayder F14 with Merc Sportjet 120 and would like to find a reasonably priced depthfinder. Having a fishfinder is great too but not nessasary.

Is there one type transducer that works best with a Jetdrive? Im not sure if the thrust would make any difference with the transom style mount. I was also wondering it the glue in style no drill transducers (sorry, forgot the term) can be mounted forward more in the boat. The river by me is on the shallow side (just a foot or so at the boat ramp) and I like to know how much water I have before I start the engine or give it too much throttle before getting to deeper water.

What make or model shows the shallowest depth? I see most say 4', any depthdfinders go shallower? I can always see the bottom but its sometimes hard to tell if its 1, 2, or, 3' deep and with the jet drive that makes a big difference when first firing it up.

What are you running on your jetboat if you have one?

Thank again everyone!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Depth finders don't care what yer runnin' for propulsion...

bassman284

Commander
Re: depthfinder recommendation for for jet drive?- Searayder F14

My Lowrance X-65 (about 10 years old) is good to about 1.5 ft. Gets confused shallower than that.