Help! Minn Kota 55 won't run

J Kent

Recruit
Newbie here.
I have a Minn Kota Endura 55. Recently the motor stopped working intermittently. After some troubleshooting I replaced the switch. That did not fix it. I found it works when out of the water but not when put in the water. I now suspect a bad seal and water getting into the motor housing. Does this sound right> If so, where can I find instructions on taking the housing apart? What should I look for once inside?
Thanks!

J Kent

Recruit
Re: Help! Minn Kota 55 won't run

Check all your battery connections. They must be clean and tight. What size wire are you using between the battery and motor? Do you have a 50 amp breaker installed? If that is all good look at this. http://tnhatlfs01.thenethouse.com/striperpics/mkrepair.pdf/Minn%20Kota%20Repair%20Manual.pdf

Thanks for the reply but you may be thinking of a different motor. I'm using an Endura 55. The wires are connected to the motor. No circuit breaker. If I use my backup motor--an Endura 35--it works fine.

J Kent

Recruit
Re: Help! Minn Kota 55 won't run

Trying again:
I have a Minn Kota Endura 55. Recently the motor stopped working intermittently. After some troubleshooting I replaced the switch. That did not fix it. I found it works when out of the water but not when put in the water. I now suspect a bad seal and water getting into the motor housing. Does this sound right?
So how do I take the housing apart? Where do I get a new seal? What should I check once inside?
Thanks.