• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Minn Kota 55 won't run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Minn Kota 55 won't run

Newbie here.
    I have a Minn Kota Endura 55. Recently the motor stopped working intermittently. After some troubleshooting I replaced the switch. That did not fix it. I found it works when out of the water but not when put in the water. I now suspect a bad seal and water getting into the motor housing. Does this sound right> If so, where can I find instructions on taking the housing apart? What should I look for once inside?
    Thanks!

Re: Help! Minn Kota 55 won't run

Check all your battery connections. They must be clean and tight. What size wire are you using between the battery and motor? Do you have a 50 amp breaker installed? If that is all good look at this. http://tnhatlfs01.thenethouse.com/st...r%20Manual.pdf
    "A manual is a cheap investment"
    Fair Winds and Following Seas
    Bill
    PTC USN ret

Comment

Originally posted by bhile View Post
      Check all your battery connections. They must be clean and tight. What size wire are you using between the battery and motor? Do you have a 50 amp breaker installed? If that is all good look at this. http://tnhatlfs01.thenethouse.com/st...r%20Manual.pdf
      Thanks for the reply but you may be thinking of a different motor. I'm using an Endura 55. The wires are connected to the motor. No circuit breaker. If I use my backup motor--an Endura 35--it works fine.

Comment

Trying again:
        I have a Minn Kota Endura 55. Recently the motor stopped working intermittently. After some troubleshooting I replaced the switch. That did not fix it. I found it works when out of the water but not when put in the water. I now suspect a bad seal and water getting into the motor housing. Does this sound right?
        So how do I take the housing apart? Where do I get a new seal? What should I check once inside?
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X