• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

Wiring problem on my Bayliner Capri 1700

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring problem on my Bayliner Capri 1700

Hi guys!

I bought an Bayliner Capri and Im following some guides in the forum to put the boat ready to go in the water.

Last night I decided to remove the ignition because there were rust problems and sometimes it gets stuck.
    What did I do? Marked all the color wires in the ignition with a permanent marker; Red/White R/W and so on, but when I clean and oil it, the marks went off ;(!!! :face palm:

Does any one Help me please?

Many thanks!

Re: Wiring problem on my Bayliner Capri 1700

Welcome to iboats!

A 1700 is an outboard boat. My 1988 wiring diagram doesn't list any R/W wire to the ignition switch. It shows the following 5 terminals on the switch, which are labelled with letters:

M: white from motor (magneto) + white from lanyard kill switch
    B: red (12 gauge)
    C: green (choke)
    S: yellow (starter solenoid)
    M: blue (magneto ground) + other white from lanyard kill switch
    Bob, Orange County NY
    '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri Bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
    Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
    Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

R/W was an example, but all most wires have stripes, excluding de Black

I will check "NYBo", many many thanks!!

Comment

What year is your boat? If it has a Force outboard, I may have other diagrams that better match what you have.
        Bob, Orange County NY
        Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
        Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

Mine is a 93 Bayliner Capri 1700 with a Force 70Hp Engine.

I think it as 7 pins, I remember 2 in the center (choke I think) 3+2 in the side.

Comment

Checked the wiring and your scheme helped a lot! Ive got 6 wires a I followed the wires in order to put it in correct order.
            Now I have another problem, boat wont shut down when I turn key off (???)

The only way is remove the power cut!

Comment

The motor is shut down by the switch connecting the two magneto wires, so those are the ones you need to check.
              Bob, Orange County NY

Comment

Working...
              X