Lowrance Mark 4 Sonar/GPS combo Anyone have one?

drakewoodie

Cadet
I am thinking about getting a new fish finder. Would like to get a unit that includes both the GPS and the sonar but not wanting to spend a ton. This looks like a good deal. Anyone own one of these? can you use it in a single screen mode i.e. Sonar only or GPS map only? Cabela is only showing it with the split screen..

SteelNuttz

Seaman
Re: Lowrance Mark 4 Sonar/GPS combo Anyone have one?

Did you ever end up buying the Mark 4? I have one and was hoping to discuss it with someone because I can never get my settings to work perfectly...

drakewoodie

Cadet

Yes I bought one seems to work well for me. Except I loose all signal at around 20 MPH I would like to figure out how to fix that. I have the transducer mounted just like the booklet says

NYBo

Admiral

Unfortunately, the instructions can't account for every possible hull configuration. Try moving the transducer up or down a hair.

SteelNuttz

Seaman

Mine does that same thing when I get going around the same speed...I don't really want to move it though because that requires more holes in my boat.

I have a hard time adjusting the settings so it shows fish when it finds them, and stops showing fish when there obviously aren't a thousand fish under the boat! Sometimes the whole screen is filled with fish...and the alarm goes crazy.

drakewoodie

Cadet

Sometimes the whole screen is filled with fish...and the alarm goes crazy.

Mine does that too usually when I'm barely moving or not moving. I have found that changing the transducer frequency solve it for me though.