Should I mount a Perko battery switch to the battery case?

gwizzar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am in the process of installing a Perko and was wondering if it would be stupid to mount it to the marine battery case (absolutely very little available places to mount at the stern and read to keep nearest the battery and away from helm... drill the small holes through the plastic and secure with small bolts/washers/nuts. There would be some room to spare in the carrier after the battery is placed in and whereby I would cable tie any excess wiring and stuff it in neatly w/o kinks. Good or bad idea? (I did perform an advanced search and did not find any questions along the lines of installing a battery switch to the carrier.)Perko  31102 Dual Battery Switch.jpg31Tfgeo5cXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg Thank you for your time and feedback!

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Should I mount a Perko battery switch to the battery case?

Not stupid. But the batt case is thin and flexible. Any bolts or screws could abrade the battery itself if rubbing on it. If there was enough room inside to put a reinforcement plate inside the box and run the screws countersunk inside to the outside of the box it might work OK>

gwizzar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Should I mount a Perko battery switch to the battery case?

Not stupid. But the batt case is thin and flexible. Any bolts or screws could abrade the battery itself if rubbing on it. If there was enough room inside to put a reinforcement plate inside the box and run the screws countersunk inside to the outside of the box it might work OK>

Good thinking! Thx!