Kenwood marine stereo head unit stuck in stand by mode

Chaz7R

Seaman Apprentice
My kenwood stereo i think its a kmr-330 only displays standby now no matter if i hit the little reset button or not. 2 weeks ago i took some water over the bow and got some water on my head unit it shut down for about 5 minutes then i turned it back on and it worked fine the rest of the day. Last weekend i took my boat out and the stereo is stuck in standby mode. i read on the internet it might be a shorted speaker but i stuck a cd in and the stereo system worked fine until i tried to eject the cd and go back to my ipod it went back into standby and the cd is stuck in the unit. I dont have a clur where to begin since the cd played fine. I have 4 4.5 inch jl audio audio speakers running off the head unit and 1 10 inch kicker sub and 2 6.5 inch tower speakers running off a 450 watt jl audio amp if that helps. I am thinking maybe my battery might be getting old and too weak to run everything? Any suggestions? Thanks

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Kenwood marine stereo head unit stuck in stand by mode

Since you suspect the battery may be weak, try charging it. Low voltage may indeed be the cause of the problem.

captain zac

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not sure if this will work but
You can put cell phones in the freezer to dry them out might work with a head unit also

Harry

Chaz7R

Seaman Apprentice

the head unit worked fine when I put a cd into it (it switched briefly to cd mode) then i tried to eject it it turned back to standby then the cd was stuck in the unit. I think im gonna pick up a new optima battery after work tomorrow see what happens