Marine Audio Setup

tprice5

Cadet
Hi all,

First post here. I need a bit of help in deciding on equipment for my boat and a few searches lead me to this forum. Any and all help would be appreciated.

For starters, I have a 94' Rinker 190 19 ft' inboard/outboard. It's in a bit of rough shape and I intend to upgrade in the next year or two. That being said, I need to install speakers and a head unit to get me through this, and likely next, summer. I have no intention of buying high end and want to keep costs as low as possible since it's not likely I will be able to unload the equipment later and recoup my costs. I would like to keep all of this at or under $300.

I would like to install the following speakers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0SM08T4247

http://www.amazon.com/Cadence-FWB65...eakers/dp/B005H5324O/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Would just a head unit be enough to power all of this? Would I need an amp? I also dont strictly believe I will need marine speakers on the inside as it doesn't get very wet, so better suggestions for internal speakers in a similar price range would be appreciated as well.

If I am forgetting something, please let me know. Thanks in advance for the help.

delirious

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Marine Audio Setup

marine speaker also have UV protection, so wet is not your worse enemy as most think with marine speakers, seen many speakers turn to dust when you touch them after only a couple of summers in the sun...as long as you dont expect to hear your tunes a WOT then a deck and 4 speakers should do fine(rockin at the dock or anchored)

tprice5

Cadet
Re: Marine Audio Setup

Went with a 2 four channel amps, 800 and 1600, to power a pair of SJS Dezign quattro speakers. A 1200 watt two channel to power two 10" rockford fosgate subs. Had to use two distribution blocks, one for power and one for ground. Required a relay for all the remotes. Used 4 gauge wires throughout.

Didn't really want to add anything else to this because now that I have a little knowledge on the subject I can see it's bit of a dumb thread but I figured what the hell.