Hi I'm back... question? Installed a Panther 2 battery gauge.... stpped working???

ritamigo

Seaman
It's a two battery gauge I bought on Ebay. Could be my mistake. I installed as per instructions. Connected dedicated wires from the batteries, but it worked when installed, but now it does not show the right charge and it sometimes shows a charge, then it doesn't drop to zero. I assume its bad. Any info appreciated very much. BTW, I bought a new one. Are these good gauges? Any tips?

Thanks for any help and guidance.

JoeVee

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Hi I'm back... question? Installed a Panther 2 battery gauge.... stpped working??

It's a two battery gauge I bought on Ebay. Could be my mistake. I installed as per instructions. Connected dedicated wires from the batteries, but it worked when installed, but now it does not show the right charge and it sometimes shows a charge, then it doesn't drop to zero. I assume its bad. Any info appreciated very much. BTW, I bought a new one. Are these good gauges? Any tips?

Thanks for any help and guidance.

JoeVee

Ayuh,.... Never heard of 'em....

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Hi I'm back... question? Installed a Panther 2 battery gauge.... stpped working??

I have been using the golden eye version of the same gage for several years with no problems. I would start off by going over the connections. It sounds like one is not making contact. Or the selector switch has bone bad.

ritamigo

Seaman

I have been using the golden eye version of the same gage for several years with no problems. I would start off by going over the connections. It sounds like one is not making contact. Or the selector switch has bone bad.

Switch works, tried it with another (Sun) voltmeter. The gauge works when I apply volts from a 12 volt source (charger), but doesn't go down. It seems erratic. Any other thoughts? I guess what you are saying is that it is a good product????

Thanks for your reply. Constructive...

JoeVee

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

If the needle doesn't return to zero the movement is sticking. Not much can be done with it since the cases are sealed. If it is a standard 2-inch diameter gauge, just replace it with a standard voltmeter. Everything else remains unchanged.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

You may of got a bad one , it happens. I have all ways used the golden eye brand but the panther looks just like it.

ritamigo

Seaman

Thanks all.... the needle was stuck I banged it and it now works. Who said you can't fix things with force????

JoeVee