Alternative for Perko Fig. 71 festoon navigation light bub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricJRW

Chief Petty Officer
I picked up an new bulb (1004) for my all round this weekend and it came in a 2 pack. Thinking a spare is good to have, I thought spares for my nav lights would be a good idea too. Only problem is I can't find a cross reference for what I have. Is there an automotive equivalent? The 1004 was already there, and I suspect it's automotive, but I'm just not sure what might replace the Fig. 71 bulb.

IMG_1894.jpgIMG_1892.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

sprintst

Commander
Re: Alternative for Perko Fig. 71 festoon navigation light bub?

I have led festoon bulbs in my Yukon from ebay. I'll take a look at the type from my e-mail.

I picked up an new bulb (1004) for my all round this weekend and it came in a 2 pack. Thinking a spare is good to have, I thought spares for my nav lights would be a good idea too. Only problem is I can't find a cross reference for what I have. Is there an automotive equivalent? The 1004 was already there, and I suspect it's automotive, but I'm just not sure what might replace the Fig. 71 bulb.

View attachment 150564View attachment 150565

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

1004 is an automotive bulb and available at any neighborhood auto store.

EricJRW

Chief Petty Officer

1004 is an automotive bulb and available at any neighborhood auto store.
Yeah, that's one I replaced... I suspect that a 1004 is an equivalent for some other odd Perko number, but I'm looking for the automotive equivalent for the "Fig. 71" Festoon. I can find festoon bulbs at the autoshop, the only problem is that none list wattage. Even Perko lists two wattages, 8 and 10, for a 0071DPxCLR bulb. I just don't want to risk melting my lights, so I guess I would buy the 8 and compare to the existing bulb.

sprintst: While researching this, I came across those LED types. Very nice. I kinda decided against them due to cost - Since I would have to replace two so both lights would look the same. Also, this boat still has (at least in the starboard light) the original 71 bulb, so I know it just does not get used that often. We have the occasional floating log in the lake, so running at night is something I avoid.

Well I'll be at the boat shop today for some other items... I'll see if they have the 71 and how much it costs (2-pack festoon at auto shop is between 3 and 5 dollars - but the packages don't list wattage). Like I said, at this point it's a spare, as both my nav lights are working.

Thank you for the help and the ideas,

Eric

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

See if the bulb manufacturer has a web site. If they do then their product listing should indicate the specs for them.

EricJRW

Chief Petty Officer

See if the bulb manufacturer has a web site. If they do then their product listing should indicate the specs for them.

Good idea... I was reading packages in store, which have no info... I'll check manufacturer after getting names from autozone and o'reilly web sites.

Malcolm53ca

Recruit
Sylvania has an incandescent and a led replacement (substitute) for the Perko Figure #71 bulb.
Sylvania DE3175
This number is the same for both the incandescent bulbs and the LED bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.