1998 160 CCF Wellcraft Wiring Diagrams

Jryals

Cadet
Hi I just bought my first boat, A Wellcraft 160, in Good shape for $1300 but needs a lot of cleaning up. The guy that i bout it from "Completely rewired it", meaning that he cut all the wires from the gauges and left everything but the ignition and lights hooked up,and he also hard wired the back stand up light. But any way i would like some help wiring everything back together the way it should be, but im having trouble figuring it all out, that why i would like help finding the original wiring diagram. If needed be i will post pictures of what everything looks like. Thanks for the help.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1998 160 CCF Wellcraft Wiring Diagrams

Gauges are powered via the engine harness and the Ignition switch. They are not fed by the "Boat" harness. To differentiate the two, the "boat" harness is the red and black wires (#8 or #10 gauge) that run directly from the battery to the helm. That circuit powers all of the accessories, switches, EXCEPT the instruments. The "Engine" harness consists of the harness that runs from the engine to the shift/throttle control box and ignition switch. You didn't mention if this is an outboard or I/O powered boat. If an outboard, the instruments are powered from the "A" (accessory) terminal on the ignition switch. If an I/O they get power from the "I" (ignition) terminal on the ignition switch. Go to the STICKIES at the top of this electrical forum (not the top of this page). There you will find a "Generic Boat Wiring Diagram". That diagram is very typical of most recreational boats. If you find a diagram specific to your boat elsewhere, by all means use it but these are not typically published. The generic diagram is really all you need. The Engine wiring will be in the "Service Manual" for your specific engine/outdrive/outboard.

Jryals

Cadet
Re: 1998 160 CCF Wellcraft Wiring Diagrams

The motor is an outboard and thank you very much for the advice.