Wiper windshield motor faulty?

PROP1

Recruit
Hi There,

Fairly new to this Forum, anyway I hope you can help me pls, I own a1988 20' Tempest, and the other day when I went up to the marine, I was just testing all the instrument, since the boat jusy got in to the water, and noticed the wiper windishield motor was....dead. Now when I turn the switch on the motor, which is located underneath the cabin, was getting hot, and the voltmeter on the dash was going below 12v.like there was some sort of short circuit.Now I did not have time to test anything, but last year was working properly. Do you thing the motor could be faulty?any input I will appreciate.

Regards.
Marco

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Wiper windshield motor faulty?

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

The motor could be internally shorted out, but it could also be a matter the shaft being corroded to the point that it's frozen.

PROP1

Recruit

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

The motor could be internally shorted out, but it could also be a matter the shaft being corroded to the point that it's frozen.

Thank you very much,

I saw there is a plate with 2 screws, I'll check it out this week anyways. If anything what's my best bet if I have to replace to motor?original? don't know even know if still exist,or I guess aftermarket?

Regards.
Marco

NYBo

Admiral

Chances are it's a generic unit. Take a look here.