Sony CDX-M60UI marine radio issue

natasht

Recruit
I have a Sony CDX-M60UI Radio installed in my Crownline Cruiser. It intermittently "reboots", by reboots I mean the face plate looks like someone has pulled the plug then plugged it back in. This happens no matter if I am playing the CD, iPod, radio or XM. It can happen after 10 minures or 10 hours and it just randomley reboots multiple times. I installed a 1.8 farrad capacitor to see if that was the issue (loss of voltage) but it made no difference. The cap has a voltage display so I sat there and watched the voltage and it never dropped. This happen on battery and shore power. This is where it gets tricky.... The last Sony I had did the same thing (got stolen) so this is an upgraded model. The original XM adapter is still the same. Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!
:facepalm:

mark1905

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sony CDX-M60UI marine radio issue

Not to sound harsh, but Sony's are known piles of junk for a marine stereo. This is precisely why I preach against them and steer people to Clarions: because they last. Every Sony I've seen lasts maybe a season if you're lucky vs typically 3-4 years on a Clarion 309. I can't kill mine no matter what I do..

Time for a new deck. Make it an M309.. trust me :D