Battery 1 Battery 2 Reset buttons near driver's seat ? 99 Tracker Pro Team 185

sixstring531

Seaman
I've owned boats for roughly 5 years now and my newer Tracker has two buttons on a panel next to the drivers seat saying Battery 1 and Battery 2 with reset there. My question is - what is this for and how is it hooked up? Is this a way for me to hook up two trolling motor batteries and switch between the two?

Thanks,
Rich

Re: Battery 1 Battery 2 Reset buttons near driver's seat ? 99 Tracker Pro Team 185

what voltage is the tolling motor you have now. if its a 12/24v then switching is not a option unless you go 12v only and thats not going to gain you anything as you will already have 2 batterys available on 24v

sixstring531

Seaman
Re: Battery 1 Battery 2 Reset buttons near driver's seat ? 99 Tracker Pro Team 185

It's a 12 (the original to the boat) - So, is it an actual battery switch or a breaker of some kind?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

We can't see your boat. Pictures - Pictures - Pictures. Or at least a little more description. Your boat has a starting battery for the engine and one for the troller so this is not likely for a 12/24 trolling motor system. If it were - you would have three batteries. Figure out what you have before you get creative with addinig another battery.

sixstring531

Seaman

I know what I have (as I have had both 24 and 12v trolling systems before in several boats I've owned) and am not hooking anything to anything before I know for sure what the panel is. I have added another battery to the mix (not hooked in until needed) for those long fishing days. I was simply wanting to know what the panel was for, since I have never seen it on any other boat I've owned. I'll try to grab a pic, but it seriously is exactly as described - a small plastic badge next to the drivers seat with two rubber toggles with a small white button in each. The copy says Battery 1 over one button and Battery 2 over the other with Reset between them. Since I don't have the manual that came with the boat I thought I'd ask. I wouldn't go playing around before I knew what it was.

sixstring531

Seaman

This is not my pic, (and not very close) but if you look just past the drivers seat you'll see the wood looking panel with one of the buttons showing

switch.jpg

p3dlg4

Recruit

This is not my pic, (and not very close) but if you look just past the drivers seat you'll see the wood looking panel with one of the buttons showing

View attachment 142974

These are Circuit Breakers for the Trolling Motor. In your battery compartment you will find two sets of wires. Should be 1 Red and 1 Orange positive along with two Black grounds. If you are only running a 12v system only one is used. The other mostly likely taped off. I am planning to add a circuit breaker in the battery compartment and run 6 AGW direct to my trolling motor. I have tripped the breaker a couple of times with my old trolling motor. A good option may be to re-use these wires to add a 12v accessory plug to the panel with trolling motor plug and tilt\trim switch on the bow of boat?

sixstring531

Seaman

This is what I thought they were.

Thanks for the information.