• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to buy a garmin gps combo fish finder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to buy a garmin gps combo fish finder

I'm looking at the garmin 421s,431s,441s. But i need to know what charts I need. I live on Long Island NY. I keep seeing charts for inland lakes and I know thats not it. Any one have any Ideas.
    1985 sea ray seville mercuiser 260r

Re: I want to buy a garmin gps combo fish finder

I have an old GPS Map 398. It has all the ponds, lakes in the contiental US built in. Two seasons ago they came out with a chip that gives you the east coast from maine to florida, The inland lakes are great because they give you boat ramps and some services. I also made a mount and use it in the car for nav and trafic problems. My wife moaned about the $650 price tag when I bought it. It has saved out butts many times now she loves it. I also keep her in line when I show her the man overboard button. It marks the point where she went overboard and gives you a direct plot and an ETA back to the dock. The new ones should do cartwheels!!! The chip costs $150.

Comment

Re: I want to buy a garmin gps combo fish finder

I just bought a 421s GARMIN CHARTPLOTTER AND SOUNDER. Is there an internal antenna or do I need to buy something else for this? Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
      X