Furuno 1720 or Raytheon R20

ShellBack89

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm looking to add a used radar system on my Sea Ray Seville 21ft Cuddy Cabin. I live near Long Beach and plan on taking my boat to Catalina Island which is approximately 29 miles west. There are two radar systems on ebay which might work but I don't know much about either systems.

The first is a Raytheon R20XX and the other is a Furuno 1720. I'm not sure which one would mount the best on my boat. Any thoughts one either system or mounting ideas would be great. I've looked at radar arches and that seems to be the best option.

Here is a pic of my boat.

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Furuno 1720 or Raytheon R20

Raytheon marine has been out of business for quite some time now. I would take the Furuno unit just because of that.
As far as mounting, the unit has to be a min. of 36" above your head and looking at your picture you’ll need one that folds down or you will be looking for a new garage as well.

ShellBack89

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Furuno 1720 or Raytheon R20

Thank you for the help. Boat doesnt fully make it in but I'm doing a full restore & it's much cooler putting in stringers out of the sun. Ive read about a few radar towers that double as Bimini style tops. Thanks again.