need some help with a new to me FF/Chartplotter

project 85

Seaman Apprentice
i just bought a raymarine A65 chartplotter/fishfinder with the dsm25 digital sounder. i bought it used and it came with an Airmar P48-TM transducer i know this is not what came ith the A65/DSM25, i have the original boxes it all came in. i was told this was a thru hull transducer from the guy i bought it from. i thought TM would mean transom mount, i may be wrong. i've tried googleing the P48-TM and can't find anything about it.

does anyone have this or know anything about it? i wanna make sure this transducer is what i need to do the job and that i install it correctly.

thanks in advance
bill

UncleWillie

Captain
Re: need some help with a new to me FF/Chartplotter

It looks like it was supplied with a P58, but the P48 will also work?

Try Here! and Here.

project 85

Seaman Apprentice

its not that either. i can't find it on the airmar site. the tag is still on it that says p48-tm????? its round and can be adjusted 0-90 degrees. i'm gonna call this guy back and ask him what i got here, see if he can give me any leads?????

project 85

Seaman Apprentice

Ok, I got this figured out. Its a p48 transducer. Its on the raymarine site. What was confusing is the guy I bought it from said I could epoxy it to the bilge area of my boat and it would shot thru my hull, when actually the transduucer has a bracket on it that attaches to the bottom of a trolling motor, that's why it looks different than every picture I looked at. I need to try to find the transom mount bracket or buy a new transducer. I'm not sure if the p48 is better than the p58 it originally came with, I have to do some calling around to see what will work best.

Thanks fo the help