raytheon dome on jrc 2000 monitor

1jack

Cadet
hellow,view this site daily..awsome ammount of info here,but time to ask the question i have been looking for an answer too for months,but can not find...If any one knows,it will be here....I have a 27 foot bayliner victoria(1980) with a jrc2000 radar screen,but no dome,can"t seem to find a cheep used one anywhere,or a used one at all! I know from research that JRC bought out or merged with raytheon in the 70"s and produced the raytheon equipment with the same connections as JRC..Well,i purchased a used raytheon 1200 complete unit off kijiji here in Nova Scotia which all works and dome has exactly the same connection to the raytheon screen as jrc2000 has(reason for purchasing)..When it is hooked to the jrc it instantly shuts the monitor down and will not start back up until i unplug the scanner cable from it...I then removed all the wires from the connections in the scanner so there was no power draw from the monitor and plugged it in again...same thing...shuts down without blowing fuse...Is there a difference in the wiring configuration between the two models or is there a fault in the jrc monitor???? I find it odd that the two connections are exactly the same made by the same company but not interchangable....I am sure i will be pegged crazy on this toppic...lol...

1jack

Cadet
jrc radar with raytheon dome

jrc radar with raytheon dome

hellow,view this site daily..awsome ammount of info here,but time to ask the question i have been looking for an answer too for months,but can not find...If any one knows,it will be here....I have a 27 foot bayliner victoria(1980) with a jrc2000 radar screen,but no dome,can"t seem to find a cheep used one anywhere,or a used one at all! I know from research that JRC bought out or merged with raytheon in the 70"s and produced the raytheon equipment with the same connections as JRC..Well,i purchased a used raytheon 1200 complete unit off kijiji here in Nova Scotia which all works and dome has exactly the same connection to the raytheon screen as jrc2000 has(reason for purchasing)..When it is hooked to the jrc it instantly shuts the monitor down and will not start back up until i unplug the scanner cable from it...I then removed all the wires from the connections in the scanner so there was no power draw from the monitor and plugged it in again...same thing...shuts down without blowing fuse...Is there a difference in the wiring configuration between the two models or is there a fault in the jrc monitor???? I find it odd that the two connections are exactly the same made by the same company but not interchangable....I am sure i will be pegged crazy on this toppic...lol...

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: jrc radar with raytheon dome

Re: jrc radar with raytheon dome

I find it odd that the two connections are exactly the same made by the same company but not interchangable....I am sure i will be pegged crazy on this toppic...lol...
I don't find it odd at all. Several major companies reverse wire connections to keep things proprietary. Sounds like you need a wiring diagram

1jack

Cadet
Re: raytheon dome on jrc 2000 monitor

ok,went through the wiring diagrams and there is some different labels between the two,a little more research needed then perhaps scrap the idea.....Or find a jrc dome!!!!..Yea right....

UncleWillie

Captain

Other than 16 pins, there is almost nothing in common on the two connectors.
In particular one has power where the other has grounds. :eek:
When you plug them together, you are shorting out the power supply.
That is why the display dies. :mad:

1jack

Cadet

yes,i see that now...thanks uncle willie..hope i did not hurt the jrc..should have slowed down and read some more info first...Looking into getting the actual jrc cable now to hook to the raytheon dome..should be able to iron out the difference between the symbols with the proper jrc cable..But does the 2KW verses the 3KW matter? other than range??? Actually..has anyone even attempted something like this before that you heard of???Without catastrophic failure???:

1jack

Cadet

Raytheon dome all hooked back up to the 1200,very clear picture and targets fine..Gonna leave well enough alone and use the 1200 untill a jrc dome comes along,for fear of destroying something....Thanks for the info..and happy boating!!! oh yea,weather up here in nova scoti is awsome!!! pushing 30 degrese!!! boats in lakes already!!!!