• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

Minn Kota, Endura 30 Amperage draw spec-fyi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minn Kota, Endura 30 Amperage draw spec-fyi

Hi all,
    Was looking into Solar Panels for Marine use and found one at great price w/regulator:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/100-Watt-W-So...item9c0023ff84

Anyway, then it was time to see what my current usage would be in order to get an idea of what amount of time on an average weather summer day it would take to solar charge my 12v batt.

Anyway, anyway, One of the current suckers was my trolling motor. Contacted Minn Kota to find out what the endura 30 draws on a given speed. Was surprised at their response as to how much the endura30 can draw. Thought I'd post the info for the curious or those who will be depending on a battery for trolling motor power without a way to charge while on the water.

Scott,

Below is the information that you requested.

SPEED AMPS THRUST

1 8 4

2 10 6

3 14 10

4 20 15

5 30 30
    Marine Usage: Fuse-it, Solder-it, Seal-it.

Re: Minn Kota, Endura 30 Amperage draw spec-fyi

So the answer is it will take well in excess of four hours of full sun to charge the battery if it was used to run the troller for one hour at 30 amp draw. That panel is a a bit over four feet square so it woud occupy a fair amount of space on your boat. Another way to look at this is that it would not keep up with demand at even the lowest speed setting. Yes -- it would allow longer run time but would lose ground rapidly at anything more than the lowest speed setting.

Comment

You hit it on the head, Silvertip. The answer may ly in going with two batteries independently although one of the two I have is not deep cycle and I don't plan on purchasing another that is. When I use the trolling motor it will be used for just that, meaning my newly converted downrigger now electric will also be used and it draws about 6 amp/hr., but I did design the rigger to operate either electrically or manually, hence the long-time in designing it.

As far as 2x4' panel, I planned on adding a bimini anyway, so I beleive I have the panel space requirement licked and the dc run will be short so that will only allow for better efficiency.

Comment

I hope the boat is moored in a secure area. Solar panels are targets for thieves.

Comment

It'll be bolted down through the cross-bars. My bigger concern is cutting a 4 holes in the fabric and preventing the hole from growing. I really don't plan on overnight mooring and if I do, all will be secured with an alarm; suppose if they wanted to steal it would be the outboard first.

Comment

Working...
          X