garmin 188c chartplotter

chazza

Recruit
Hi Guys,
Can anyone tell me where i can find a schymetic diagram for my Gps? It`s working ok ,but it`s getting very hot,in fact too hot to touch(at the rear).I cant find anyone to look at it here and Garmin says it`s too old a model for them to service (glad my doctor does not have the same attitude)lol. So i decided to have a go myself. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
Regards Charlie (aust)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: garmin 188c chartplotter

G'day Charlie.

Welcome to iboats. :)

"Having a go yourself" is sure to destroy the unit. Garmin does not supply servicing documents or replacement parts for any of their products, current or obsolete. All I can tell you is to recommend that you replace the unit if it croaks.

It is really sad that such a sophisticated device becomes disposable when it is sealed at the factory, but that is the unfortunate fact for any SONAR or GPS that I have had anything to do with.

chazza

Recruit

Thanks JB,although it`s not the answer i was looking for.But i guess all good things come to an end.Might aswell start looking.:facepalm:

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Have to agree with JB. The most I have seen in Garmin's documentation is pin outs for the connectors. Never any documentation of the circuitry. Unless you are an electronics engineer, you're likely out of luck.

Good hunting for the replacement.