• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

Old Electric Trolling Motor

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Electric Trolling Motor

Hi all - I was cleaning out my shed today and came across an old battery powered trolling motor. It is a "Tempo-Troll" (Model # 150) battery powered motor. Has anyone ever heard of these? Does anyone know if it is 6V or 12V or is there a way to check the voltage? It was given to me between 1987 & 1996 and I completely forgot it was there. I don't want to scrap it if there is any value to it. A friend wants it for his rowboat but I'm holding up on letting it go. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bruce W.
    "Strange_Bru"
    Toms River, NJ

Re: Old Electric Trolling Motor

We can assume that the 150 is a 15lb thrust.I had a 15Lb Phleuger in the 70s
    It pushed our 8ft punt at a comfortable rowing speed with 2 adults and to kids under 8.
    You could row faster but I wouldn't want to row too long at that speed.
    We had a neighbor with a 15lb that wasn't nearly as fast on a lighter boat.
    So yours should be somewhere in between. You can almost bet its a 12 volt.
    Test it with a 12. If its a 6volt the reaction will be amazing if its a 12 it willl be strong
    but "in control"I'm assuming the motor itself is under water.

Comment

Re: Old Electric Trolling Motor

Thank You steelspike - I'll see what happens & let you know. I believe you are correct re the motor. I'm going to take a couple of pics & include them in the next post...

Comment

Working...
      X