• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Electric Trolling Motor

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Electric Trolling Motor

Hi all - I was cleaning out my shed today and came across an old battery powered trolling motor. It is a "Tempo-Troll" (Model # 150) battery powered motor. Has anyone ever heard of these? Does anyone know if it is 6V or 12V or is there a way to check the voltage? It was given to me between 1987 & 1996 and I completely forgot it was there. I don't want to scrap it if there is any value to it. A friend wants it for his rowboat but I'm holding up on letting it go. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bruce W.
    "Strange_Bru"
    Toms River, NJ

Re: Old Electric Trolling Motor

We can assume that the 150 is a 15lb thrust.I had a 15Lb Phleuger in the 70s
    It pushed our 8ft punt at a comfortable rowing speed with 2 adults and to kids under 8.
    You could row faster but I wouldn't want to row too long at that speed.
    We had a neighbor with a 15lb that wasn't nearly as fast on a lighter boat.
    So yours should be somewhere in between. You can almost bet its a 12 volt.
    Test it with a 12. If its a 6volt the reaction will be amazing if its a 12 it willl be strong
    but "in control"I'm assuming the motor itself is under water.

Comment

Re: Old Electric Trolling Motor

Thank You steelspike - I'll see what happens & let you know. I believe you are correct re the motor. I'm going to take a couple of pics & include them in the next post...

Comment

Working...
      X