Shower Pump Wiring issue

The wiring for my shower pump in my 1987 Century 300 is not working.

The shower pump and float switch both work - tested with another battery - but they do not work hooked up to the original wiring.

I am having a difficult time tracing the wires. They are tied in behind the molded-in place head module that can not be removed without dismantling half the boat.

Does anyone know where these wires originate and/or what color they would be?

Thanks

sasto

Captain
Re: Shower Pump Wiring issue

Wired correctly with proper wire color I would say the positive wire is brown and the neg would be black. The pos wire to the float switch should go thru a switch and/or a breaker, maybe a fuse. Maybe run a neg to the battery from the float switch to eliminate the cause being a faulty ground. Check for 12V on the supply wire if this is not the cause.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the response.

I have brown and black leading into the sump so it must be wired properly.

I will try the neg lead trick and then try to trace a brown wire to power somewhere. I have an under the dash fuse block that has seen better days and may or may not be working properly.

At least now I know what I am looking for.

Thanks again.

Mark

Thanks again for the wiring color code.

Once I knew what to look for I located the wires and discovered that the power wire went to the bilge pump switch, (who'd u thunk that) which had already been rewired and so can't be used for the shower any more, and then I was also able to locate and trace the ground wire.

I have been able to determine that the problem is in the power wire - it is not sending power from the switch end to the pump end.

Now I only have to determine how I am going to replace it as it is held firm under the molded in shower and head unit.

Mark