Transducer Location on Alumaweld Intruder

Stringer07

Recruit
Hi Everyone. New on here, and already asking questions....Am mounting a new Garmin sounder, and was wondering the best location to mount the transducer? My boat is a 20' with extended transom (alumadrive?).

Pics would be a great help too! I appreciate the help!

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Transducer Location on Alumaweld Intruder

Welcome to iboats.

Generally a transducer does best to one side or the other away from the outdrive and you want it just below the bottom of the boat.

Most have some adjustment so you want to shoot the middle so you can move it up or down to fine tune it, if it is too low it will kick up a rooster tail if is too high you will lose signal at speed, memeory serves mine has the entire trans just under the boat and I have never had a problem losing signal.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

What transducer are you mounting?

Stringer07

Recruit

I'm mounting a dual frequency garmin transducer that came with my Garmin 400C finder..

fucawi

Banned

missed the point ..should be on the starboard side to avoid interference from the prop wash....in the water when on the plane and level with the bottom of the boat ...

bassman284

Commander

My suggestion is you stick one of these on with 3M 5200 and avoid drilling holes in your hull.

Just a suggestion, but if you glue one of these on with 3M 5200, you can avoid drilling holes in your hull.

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Ac..._category.f--searched.1--**********.040912130

This is what the dealer did on my boat and it has held for a little over 10 years so far. Looks like it will probably go longer.