best fish finder for bottom fishing?

jasonsnova

Cadet
ok i've come to realize i need to update my fish finder. My current sonar will not mark fish beyond 75-100' of water (garmin 300c). I often go cod fishing and usually end up fishing between 200-350' of water. I want a fish finder only, not a combo unit (i have a nice chartplotter). I'd like it to be color and a 5"+ screen and for under $1000.....suggestions??? thx!

Lakemeadan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: best fish finder for bottom fishing?

Scuba Diver. Just kidding, we actually have lake water that is that deep and I've wondered what monster fish sit that deep. And if a good affordable fish finder would be nice to have. So I'm waiting for replies on this also.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Furuno FCV620. With a good transducer your still under $1,000

http://www.marine-electronics-reviews.com/furuno-fcv620.html

Final Thoughts
The Furuno FCV620 has functions and features normally only found on much bigger and more expensive fish finders. Combine this with its excellent performance and you've got a winner. Make sure when you order this unit you add a transducer appropriate for your boat and usage.

Justin007

Recruit

I run a Furuno Navnet 3D system with their DDFF1 fish finder, which supposedly uses the same technology as the FCV620 & FCV585. It works great! When it tells me I'm on top of something, you can bet dollars to donuts that there are fish there! Let us know what you decided on.