Guest Charger says battery is charged when it is not.

kmcgillis

Cadet
I have a Guest 3 bank 10 amp charger model #2631a. When I plug it in the green light on the charger for my starting battery turns on immediately saying that the battery is fully charged (when it is not). I replaced the last battery because I thought it was the battery that was bad but it seems that the charger is the problem.

Are these units serviceable or is there a fuse link or something that may have gone bad? Or do I just need to replace the charger?

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Guest Charger says battery is charged when it is not.

I have a Guest 3 bank 10 amp charger model #2631a. When I plug it in the green light on the charger for my starting battery turns on immediately saying that the battery is fully charged (when it is not). I replaced the last battery because I thought it was the battery that was bad but it seems that the charger is the problem.

Are these units serviceable or is there a fuse link or something that may have gone bad? Or do I just need to replace the charger?

The Guest chargers I have, have an inline fuse just before each positive battery connection. If it is blown, the light will turn green.

BTW: I think the green light comes on at about 90% charged. I leave mine on for 24 hours than remove power.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Guest Charger says battery is charged when it is not.

Do this. All chargers, when in charging mode, you'll see around 13.65V at the batt terminals. Plug the charger in, then check the batts. If they check around 12.5-12.6, the charger isn't charging.

And, no, they aren't sevicable, short of throwing them in the drink...