Bilge pump rocker switch-what is the "court" setting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardF

Recruit
I have a 93 Procraft 170Pro that I've been fixing up. I have it running pretty well, and have replaced a lot of pumps and cosmetics. I am trying to figure out what the "court" setting on my bilge rocker is. It turns on the little dash light there next to the switch, and also turns on the bilge pump, much like the opposite "manual" setting. Is this simply the manual setting with a light? The pump does seem to run at a slightly lower RPM, I guess this is from lights? Seems silly, as I already have a switch that turns that light on separately.
Thanks,
Howard

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bilge pump rocker switch-what is the "court" setting for?

Well, the "Court" abbreviation typically means Courtesy Lights, but I can't see why ProCraft would have tied it into the bilge pump switch...

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Correct, it is for courtesy lights. The PO must have wired the manual portion for the bilge pump to the closest power point he could find. Correct that wiring.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Correct, it is for courtesy lights. The PO must have wired the manual portion for the bilge pump to the closest power point he could find. Correct that wiring.

POs do some really weird chit...

wcmallonee

Cadet
No this wasn't done by a PO, it is the standard configuration. I have a 1991 170 Pro and it is the same way. I am trying to find out the same thing. I really need a owners manual or similar, as there are lots of questions I need answered.

NYBo

Admiral
No this wasn't done by a PO, it is the standard configuration. I have a 1991 170 Pro and it is the same way. I am trying to find out the same thing. I really need a owners manual or similar, as there are lots of questions I need answered.

You should start your own topic rather than resurrecting this ancient one.

I have a feeling that "Court" is actually "Cont", as in "continuous".

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I also have a "Court" switch on my boat, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I assumed it was for some sort of courtesy light option that I don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.