Force Ignition Wiring - HELP

erosenwinkel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can someone please take a picture of their ignition switch showing the wiring and provide a color to letter placement of the wiring. I have been laying under the dash of my boat for hours and I cannot find the right combination. I don't need an explanation of how or why, I just want to wire it up correctly. 84 Bayliner Capri with 125 hp Force 1258x5a. The wiring switch has 6 terminals. I know that the Red goes to B, Yellow goes to the S and the Green goes to the C. What I need is the Blue, the White and a group of three wires that has one going to the depthfinder, one to what looks like the overheat buzzer and one that goes up to the area with the speedometer and the fuel gauge. Thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!!!

Sixmark

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Force Ignition Wiring - HELP

Ok I can't believe the moderators bumped your post over here again, yet in the Evinrude/Johnson section there are always ignition wiring issues that are left there.

I'll probably get banned from the site for saying this, but guys you are being anal about this, if it is manufacturer specific and not a generic wiring deal then leave it in the related manufacturer section.

NYBo

Admiral

The white goes to the M terminal next to the B terminal, the blue goes to the other M terminal (actually, I don't think it matters if you switch these but I wrote what my Force manual has). The others go to the I terminal, but I wouldn't wire the depthfinder through the ignition switch. The wires for the lanyard kill switch also connect to the M terminals, BTW.

erosenwinkel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Why wouldn't you recommend hooking the depth finder through the ignition switch? Surge? Thanks for the wire attachment help!