Cole Hersee 3 Postion Pull Switch for Johnson Electronic Float Switch Model 3615 12v

msd58

Petty Officer 1st Class
OK I bought a Cole Hersee 3 position pull switch. There was no instructions with it. I don't know what terminal goes to what? Anybody done this rigging up a three postion pull switch? Boat has two position switch on there now. I am using a Johnson Electrical Auto Float Switch. It has three wires: Brown, Black and Brown/Red Stripe. According the instructions with float switch the Brown/red strip goes to the pull switch, the solid Brown goes the brown from pump and pull switch, and Black goes to ground on pull switch. Since there is nothing labeled on pull switch I am stuck. i have instruction I was able to get off Johnson website for their three way switch its very clear if you are using thier switch. Like I said the Cole Hersee 3 position pull switch did not come with any instructions. http://www.johnson-pump.com/JPMarine/products/IB_Pdfs/IB-101_ControlPanel.pdf go to page 11

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Cole Hersee 3 Postion Pull Switch for Johnson Electronic Float Switch Model 3615

First, you don't have an illuminated switch so there should be NO ground wire on that switch. The ground on the switch would be ONLY for the internal light (which you don't have). The three way switch you have may not work since it is very likely intended for use with NAV lights. Go to Radio Shack and buy a standard three position rocker switch. The switch will have either three or six terminals (either type will work). The center terminal on either side is the +12 V input to the switch. The terminal at the top and bottom can be used with your iinstructions for the float switch.