Faria sounding constant alarm after re-installing

Five O'Clock

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey All,

I need some help with my Faria tach. It worked perfectly at the end of last season but the front lens was cracked so I sent it back to Faria and they sent it back perfectly. Before I took the gauge out last year, I took a picture of the back so I would know how it was wired. I re-installed this year but I found 2 problems:

1) when re-installed it, and I attached the red wire according to the picture, which is the overheat/oil alarm, and it sounds constantly, even without the engine running. I put the red and purple wire on the BAT connection, the yellow wire on the GND or ground connection, and the gray wire on the SIG connection. The blue wire slides into the top connector. At least that's what I can gather from the picture I took. Did I do something wrong?

2) I had about 220 hours on my engine at the end of last year, and when I re-installed the tach it's reading "0.0" So I ask, is the gauge actually reset, or are the actual hours of the engine stored in the computer in the engine and then sent to the gauge for a reading. AKA i'm getting a bad read from the engine which is also tripping the alarm..

One picture I attached is the pic I took before I took the gauge off, and the other picture is the back of the gauge before I wired it back in so you can see for reference. I am such a rookie with this stuff so if I used wrong terms or sounded like a fool I apologize, just looking for a little help.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMAG0243.jpg
    IMAG0243.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 0