lenco trim tabs

frontier210

Recruit
Trim tabs not working. The actuator work fine when i straight wire them. I replaced the switch control box and the actuators still dont work. The wire that goes to the switch on the consol is only reading 3.30v. I checked the power going to the box and im getting 12v. What my be wrong?

Tabman

iboats.com Partner
Re: lenco trim tabs

Frontier210,

I beilve that the power going up to the control switch may be low voltage, so that may not be your problem. Have you tried puting a meter on the wires that come out of the control box and go to the actuators (rams) and see what kind of volts are on them when you work the switch?

Lenco Trim Tabs have a 3-year warranty, so you may want to contact them.

frontier210

Recruit

I replaced control box and switch. I am getting over 12 volts to control box and when I press switch I sometimes get 7.06v, 10.12v, and 12.9v back at the actuators. With everything hooked up all i get is a humging noise from the actuators. If I hook them straight to a 12v batt. they work fine.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

I would guess that it is your control box. Did you buy a new one from a reputable supplier when you swapped the old one out? As Tom said, contact Lenco, they'll probably help you out. Their CS is ALMOST as good as Bennett's...
1sm088doubleup.gif

That's for you, Tom...

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

I would guess that it is your control box. Did you buy a new one from a reputable supplier when you swapped the old one out? As Tom said, contact Lenco, they'll probably help you out. Their CS is ALMOST as good as Bennett's...
1sm088doubleup.gif

That's for you, Tom...

I agree with Seabob about the control box.

Thanks for the customer service praise Seabob! It's appreciated!