furuno fcv667 question

offshore2

Cadet
Hello everyone a friend of mine gave me a furuno fcv 667 that he had in a shed for years it worked when he took it off well it keeps loosing the bottom I have the manual and tried everything the battery is new and I hear the transducer clicking when I do the self test everything passes but there's something that says (sio ng) can't find any info on it does anybody know anything about this or who can I call thanks guys_

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: furuno fcv667 question

Not positive, but I THINK I have the same sounder on my boat- is it a color CRT screen?
Mine can be fickle at times, especially the grounding.
Make sure it's grounded directly to the battery or a negative buss.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Well, the SI NG is the serial interface. You need to have the serial cable installed and connected to the serial port of another piece of equipment, i.e. GPS, or you will get a SI "No Good" when you run the test.

Need to give more of an explanation of "looses bottom". It could be something as simple as a range or gain adjustment or you need a new transducer. Just because the transducer ticks, doesn?t mean they work.

Here is the manual for that unit. http://www.furuno.co.jp/en/product/marine/document/fcv667_ome.pdf

offshore2

Cadet

Thank you very much that's what I was hopeing for I have the manual thanks