Eagle Fish Finder

brownhornet

Seaman Apprentice
I have an Eagle Magna View Fish Finder. I would like to know can you mount the transducer in the hull. Or do you have to mount it on the rear of the boat. Not sure what I have hit in the Ohio River. But I have had it break off two times in less than a yr... :(

ChampionShip

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Eagle Fish Finder

I've heard of guys mounting them inside the hull after first finding the best signal. You could essentially build some type of box around where you want it, then epoxy it in place. I've also heard of shoot thru hull types filled with oil to provide better signal.........air under the transducer means fuzz on the screen.

brownhornet

Seaman Apprentice

OK. Whats about mounthing it in the ski locker and useing shoe-Goop to hold it to the hull in an air tight blab??:confused:

brownhornet

Seaman Apprentice

OK. Whats about mounthing it in the ski locker and useing shoe-Goop to hold it to the hull in an air tight blab??:confused:

NYBo

Admiral

Use epoxy. You have to be sure there are no air bubbles in the adhesive.

brownhornet

Seaman Apprentice

10-4.. So that will work?? Having it shoot thru the hull???:eek:

NYBo

Admiral

As long as your hull is a single layer of fiberglass, it will work. The trick is finding the proper spot. You want to be as far aft as possible (because the frnt of the hull will be out of the water when on plane), and facing as close to straight down as possible. Take a look here.

brownhornet

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks NYBo.I have an 86 Bayliner 1600 with a 85hp Force. I flatest spot I can find is back just ahead of the transom or I can look in the fish locker and see if there is a flat spot their...

NYBo

Admiral

Your boat's hull should have the same construction as mine: solid fiberglass and gelcoat. Shooting through the hull should work.