Shurflo Livewell Pump

Island_oki2000

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 99 Sea Pro and the livewell and washdown pumps, both Shurflo are broke. I can't figure out how to get the live well pump off. It's connected directly to the bottom of the hull where there is a pet **** to open up to let water in. Can anyone tell me how to remove it, I don't want to break anything trying to force it off the worng way.

Thanks,
Kyle

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: Shurflo Livewell Pump

If it's rigid mounted (pump screwed directly onto a brass fitting), disconnect the hoses and wiring and turn the pump in a counter clockwise direction (as you are looking at the pipe thread). You may have to gently persuade it by twisting to the left and right a touch, but it should come off without issue.

That would be strange that they are both broken. I would check first (if you haven't already) at power and grounds before un doing them. Using a test light, it should only take 5 minutes to verify. If no power with the switch on, look for blown fuses or disconnected wires.

sasto

Captain

Likely your Baitwell pump is a one piece, thru-hull fitting and pump as one. If so should be able to remove (unscrew or twist) the strainer on the exterior and you will find a nut, remove the nut.. The thru-hull should be bedded in, a little twisting and turning and she should come out.

Island_oki2000

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Fireman, I cut the wires and touched them both directly to a battery. Neither made any sound or acted like they were working. The guy I bought the boat from told me they were both broke. Once I get the livewell pump off, I'm gonna check the wiring to make sure everything is in order.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Your pump has a brown and black wire exiting the body. Brown is 12V+...

Island_oki2000

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I was able to get it off today with a little twisting back and forth to loosen it up. Opened it up and it's a mess. The housing around the motor is cracked open and it looks like it's corroded inside so I'm just gonna buy a new one from West Marine.

Thanks for the help.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

I was able to get it off today with a little twisting back and forth to loosen it up. Opened it up and it's a mess. The housing around the motor is cracked open and it looks like it's corroded inside so I'm just gonna buy a new one from West Marine.

Thanks for the help.

Buy one online, it will be a lot cheaper...;)