Battery Tray/Box Attachment to the boat

Mordekai

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a Tahoe Q4 and was wondering if you guys just screw your battery tray or box to the hull or can i just use a healthy amount of 3m 5200 and glue it down?

rndn

Commander
Re: Battery Tray/Box Attachment to the boat

I always screw the tray down. Just make sure there is nothing below the screw. ie: hose, wires, fuel tank, etc.
I assume you are screwing it to a deck and not the boat hull!

Mordekai

Petty Officer 2nd Class

From the look of the manufacturer's install it looks like they're screwed directly into the hull itself.

I'm planning to do a blue sea add a battery system install.

I just hope the merc 3.0 has a common alternator/starting wire instead 2 else that would complicate the install much more.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

If your battery tray was at the same angle as the hull, it would probably be screwed into a piece of wood glassed to the hull (Tracker would probably do this...:mad:). If it was horizontal, it is screwed to a shelf glassed to the hull...

RicMic

Chief Petty Officer

Glue won't stick to polyethylene. They need to be screwed down well, batteries are heavy, but that don't mean they just sit there! :eek:

Wingedwheel

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If your worried about going through your hull, just glue a small piece of wood to the hull with PL Premium adhesive and screw to that.