Another Transducer On Pontoon

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant
Can i mount 2 transducers side by side on my pontoon without any problems?
I only have the one bracket on one pontoon to mount on :(
I have a little Eagle depth/fishfinder i use & also have a Lowrance GPS/Fishfinder i really want to add :)
Thanks

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Another Transducer On Pontoon

They very likely will bother each other. You could mount one on a pole off the front of toon and pull it up when under way. It may still bother but it would be less likely. I have a transducer on my trolling motor and one on the bracket at the back of the tube and they don't bother each other.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Thanks- Knew i could count on you :cool:
I'll just do away with the $50 Eagle & mount my $500 Lowrance :p

SteveRoss

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Boss.... good idea. One transducer is enough. Btw.... I can't really say Semper Fi..... cause I am not a Marine. Just an old retired Navy Guy..... Best of luck with your transducers.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Boss.... good idea. One transducer is enough. Btw.... I can't really say Semper Fi..... cause I am not a Marine. Just an old retired Navy Guy..... Best of luck with your transducers.

Thanks Steve :)
You can sure Semper Fi me anytime my freind- You earned it :cool:

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer

They very likely will bother each other. You could mount one on a pole off the front of toon and pull it up when under way. It may still bother but it would be less likely. I have a transducer on my trolling motor and one on the bracket at the back of the tube and they don't bother each other.

From personal experience, I had two very close together on the back of my old tri-hull. They did not interfere with each other. I never thought about it until now. I would have expected them to interfere with each other. They were about 6 inches apart, but not on one bracket. I do not recall the brands, but one was just an old flasher, the other was a low end LCD screen fish finder. I used the flasher to monitor the depth while underway. The fish finder I used like normal.

TerryMSU