Mixing Different Fish Finders

BoatNoobie

Petty Officer 1st Class
So I already have a HB 798CI SI. I just bought a new boat. It has a Lowrance X135 and Lowrance LMS-522.

Obviously, I would like to install my HB on the new boat. I'm not sure how the Lowrance are hooked up. But 1 is on the console and other on bow.

I want my HB on the console. And have one of the Lowrance on the bow. Can this work?:confused:

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Mixing Different Fish Finders

If the frequencies of the transducres are far apart it will work, but most ducers are around 200Khz or fire 200Khz along with another frequency. If the ducer from 1 is say 83KHz and the other is 200KHZ you could run them both at the same time, but if the first one is 83/200KHZ and the other is 200KHZ they will interfere,, if you run them at the same time. I checked with a couple sonar manufacturers on this a while back and none of them I spoke with had a sonar where you could turn off a specific frequency, only select which on you wanted to look at.

I have 3 sonar's on my boat, bow, console and stern, but can only run 1 at a time since they are all 200KHZ. If 1 starts throwing false readings I know I have one of the others turned on. It's not a big deal since I only need to use 1 at time, stern for trolling, bow for casting, console for hauling a....