Looking for specific in-dash voltmeter

dirtyclammer

Cadet
A few years back I saw this product on what I believe was Overton's, or Cabela's. It was a digital, in-dash marine voltmeter. I think it was made by a company that started with an "M", but it definately was not Moeller, the gas tank manu.

The description was something that it read the voltages of two batteries, and it flashed the voltages for a few seconds at a time, back and forth, on its display.
I think it was around $75.

Ive called both on-line stores in search of the product but no one could refer me to anything I had to described to them.

Also, even if someone can think of something similar, that would be helpfull.
I know BEP makes some nice ones, but they're $$$.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Looking for specific in-dash voltmeter

Why not use a standard analog voltmeter with a simple switch to select which battery you want to monitor. Cheap and very effective. There are lots of digital or LED voltmeters on the market. A switch can be added to them as well.

In a five second search I turned up this one.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/3...ter_LED_and_nixietube_display_/showimage.html

Radio Shack and other sources have digital voltmeter IC's that can be installed in a box if you are a hobbyist.

scca vette

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Looking for specific in-dash voltmeter

I am in the process of redoing my dash panels and added a dual batt gauge as shown in the photo. It has a momentary switch and you just flip the switch to check either batt you want. I think I paid around 25 bucks for it. If you want I can pull the receipt and get you the info.

IMG_0084.jpg