Hummingbird Fish Finders - conflcting?

OOSSSUU

Recruit
Got a new Humingbird 718. Works well - shallow or deep - fast or slow. The 718 transducer is externally mounted. I have mounted at the reciever at the cockpit. Think its going to be a good buy.

Got a older Hummingbird 200DX - up by my trolling motor with transducer mounted inside the hull about midway between bow and stern. Fair to good results except at high speed - great when using trolling motor.

Problem - When the 718 is on - the 200DX goes wierd. 800+' or just 1' - no Oklahoma lakes are 800' deep!.

Is the 200DX being confused by the 718?

Any fix?

Thanks -
Go OkState.

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Hummingbird Fish Finders - conflcting?

Got a new Humingbird 718. Works well - shallow or deep - fast or slow. The 718 transducer is externally mounted. I have mounted at the reciever at the cockpit. Think its going to be a good buy.

Got a older Hummingbird 200DX - up by my trolling motor with transducer mounted inside the hull about midway between bow and stern. Fair to good results except at high speed - great when using trolling motor.

Problem - When the 718 is on - the 200DX goes wierd. 800+' or just 1' - no Oklahoma lakes are 800' deep!.

Is the 200DX being confused by the 718?

Any fix?

Thanks -
Go OkState.

Yes, the 200DX is probably getting confused by the 718. The newer units seem to have a way to filter out returns from a another same frequency transducer, or at least, minimize it. You might be able to improve it by mounting the 200dx transducer on the trolling motor, maybe even angling it forward some. ie getting some more distance between transducers. This will only help in shallow water though. Once you are in deep enough water where the cones overlap, you will start to get interferance again.