Motorguide Power Gator?

rich_kildow

Cadet
I have a 1990 Bayliner Cobra dual console bass boat. The current trolling motor is a MG Pro Series 43lb which I have shortened the shaft on to fit in the original stowable mount. It takes a fair amount of time to get the trolling motor back below the deck whenever I want to move the boat, and I'm looking for option.

It is a rather small area to mount the trolling motor on the front gunwale, so things like the MK Powerdrive or MG Wireless are out. I've been looking at the various motorguide mounts and have the opportunity to buy a fully functioning Power Gator which looks like it should fit since I can use MG's removable plate, which has a smaller footprint.

Does anybody have any experience with the Power Gator? I know that it is old, but it seems fairly simple...just an actuator attached to a regular gator mount. Is this something to go with, or am I just asking for problems and will end up replacing it with a newer gator mount down the road?

Also, is there any resource for the actual dimension for MG mounts? I'm not sure which to go with and I have resorted to just e-mailing all the sellers I'm looking at on ebay to send me specs and the spacing of holes. Thanks.

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Motorguide Power Gator?

Also, is there any resource for the actual dimension for MG mounts? I'm not sure which to go with and I have resorted to just e-mailing all the sellers I'm looking at on ebay to send me specs and the spacing of holes. Thanks.

Call MG tech support and discuss with them. They sent me a pdf which had the dimentional drawing and mounting spacing for Whe wireless. Image that, I wanted to know if it fits before I bought it. ;) I had to wait in the message queue for awhile, and be patched to the next tier support, but that person was able to answer all my questions.