Nav/Anchor Rocker Switch

Minuteman

Seaman Apprentice
On my '89 Tracker I took the console up to rewire a new Sonar. I knocked the Rocker Switch for my Nav/Anchor lites and it came apart. Lost a pin inside and am trying to make a new one, but it still doesn't seem to work so well. Lites flicker or switch doesn't lock ON.

Probably just going to order a new one, but I don't know what type I need. When you have the switch Down, just the anchor lite is on, UP and Nav and Anchor are on. The wiring to it is quite crazy, with many dual connections. It has 6 Terminals.

Would I just get an " On-Off-On" switch. The top ON would need to lite BOTH sets of lites. The old on has plastic that covers one of the 6 contacts inside, but the LED is connected to it underneath the plastic so that it will get current, but not from the contact above it.

Sorry if this is confusing, I don't know if this is something simple to order, or if it being such an old setup, I will have trouble. I DO NOT want to rewire everything down there, I rarely fish at night.

dwco5051

Commander
Re: Nav/Anchor Rocker Switch

I could draw you a wiring diagram but I don't know how to describe it in less than 500 words. Your switch should have 6 terminals on the back. If so it is a DPDT(double pole double throw) rocker switch. Mark your wires and replace them in the same places you removed them from and you should be OK.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Radio Shack will have the switch you need but it will not likely match any of the others on the boat. Cabelas, Bass Pro and right here on IBoats can fix you up. Here is a diagram for how to wire the six terminal switch. You can also use a three terminal on-off-on switch but you need to add a diode. If you are electrically challenged, then you should probably pass on that option. Here are both diagrams.

This is a diagram for the six terminal switch:

NavSwitchWiring.jpg

This is the diagram for a three terminal switch with a diode. Both are available from Radio Shack.

Nav-AnchorSwitch.jpg

Minuteman

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Guys, I actually did another search and it bought me back to an old post here even though I didn't find it searching from within this site. Gotta love the Bing...but the new diagram is even better. It is so much easier than trying to figure it out from the jumbled wires under that 21 year old console.

Minuteman

Seaman Apprentice

Jeez, when I used a meter to find just the anchor and nav lites, I was able to eliminate all the gauge and radio lite wires. Once I separated them, it was quite simple. Thanks again for all the help. Was able to pick a 6 Pole at the hardware store that works fine, until I get a waterproof one from the Marine Store.